The NEC, Birmingham, UK | 14 – 16 October 2014
UK R&D Showcase
Call for poster submissions – Deadline 5 September
This is a unique opportunity to disseminate UK R&D excellence to a broad industrial audience in a themed poster presentation session with a drinks reception on the evening of the 15 October at this premier UK solar industry event. One page abstracts are invited on the broad themes listed below for selection for poster presentation at the UK R&D Showcase. The best poster in each category will be awarded at the drinks reception and will have the opportunity to write an article on the R&D project that will feature in PV International.
- Materials and devices (New or modified PV materials to meet the challenges of lower cost PV, BIPV and materials sustainability)
- PV modules (Enhanced light capture, improved module durability, fabrication methods, module design and module lifetime and performance)
- Balance of Systems (Inverter design, reliability, testing, monitoring, smart grids)
- Smart PV solutions (supply/ demand balancing, storage, energy management systems relating to PV)
- Manufacturing technology (Low cost and high volume manufacturing, manufacturing yield, roll to roll manufacturing, coating technology)
- PV system performance (monitoring of PV systems from domestic to large ground mount, modelling and predicting energy output, durability, failure mechanisms)
- Solar Thermal (materials for solar thermal systems, collector design, system performance)
Abstracts must be 1 side of A4, submitted as a pdf file to Emma Dawson ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and must include the following: abstract, title, authors, affiliation, email address of lead author and poster category.
The body of the abstract should explain to a broad audience the novelty and achievements of the research and the potential impact on future solar energy products and deployment.
- Clarity of abstract
- Internationally competitive research
- Potential for commercial exploitation of the research
- Demonstration of successful outcomes